MEDICAL ACUPUNCTURE FOR VETERINARY TECHNICIANS (MAV-T)
Learn how acupuncture works from a rational, evidence-informed perspective
Medical Acupuncture for Veterinary Technicians
No magic, just science. We’ll teach you how it works.
The goals of this course are to educate veterinary technicians on the mechanisms of action, indications, technical aspects, and evidential support related to medical acupuncture.
In accordance with the aforementioned goals, our objectives are as follows:
- Develop a scientific understanding of how acupuncture works neurophysiologically and from a connective tissue perspective
- Compare and contrast medical acupuncture to Traditional Chinese Medicine (TCM) style acupuncture
- List the common indications for acupuncture in the veterinary setting
- Describe the risks of medical acupuncture for the patient, client, and staff
- Become acquainted with electroacupuncture units and how they operate
- Be able to respond to client inquiries about acupuncture with confidence and from an informed persepective
- Learn how to search the scientific medical databases for evidence concerning medical acupuncture and related techniques
This course is all online and approximately 9 hours.
Course fee: $195
Content delivery – online.
9.5 CE Hours RACE approved.
Payment (check or credit card) is due in full at time of registration.
Scientific Integrative Medicine Workshop:This two-day workshop will encourage you to expand your integrative medical offerings and update your science-based acupuncture knowledge through a hands-on, experiential workshop that includes instruction and practice in medical acupuncture, myofascial release, laser therapy and LED arrays (photomedicine), and botanical medicine.
How much does it cost?
When does the course start?
Registration is open and ongoing