MEDICAL ACUPUNCTURE FOR VETERINARY TECHNICIANS (MAV-T)
Learn how acupuncture works from a rational, evidence-informed perspective
Medical Acupuncture for Veterinary Technicians
No magic, just science. We’ll teach you how it works.
The goals of this course are to educate veterinary technicians on the mechanisms of action, indications, technical aspects, and evidential support related to medical acupuncture.
In accordance with the aforementioned goals, our objectives are as follows:
- Develop a scientific understanding of how acupuncture works neurophysiologically and from a connective tissue perspective
- Compare and contrast medical acupuncture to Traditional Chinese Medicine (TCM) style acupuncture
- List the common indications for acupuncture in the veterinary setting
- Describe the risks of medical acupuncture for the patient, client, and staff
- Become acquainted with electroacupuncture units and how they operate
- Be able to respond to client inquiries about acupuncture with confidence and from an informed persepective
- Learn how to search the scientific medical databases for evidence concerning medical acupuncture and related techniques
This course is all online and approximately 6 hours
1 Veterinary Technician $195
2-5 Veterinary Technicians $150 each (same clinic address)
6-10 Veterinary Technicians $105 each (same clinic address)
Content delivery – online.
RACE approval pending.
Payment (check or credit card) is due in full at time of registration.
If signing up multiple veterinary technicians – please provide information on each registrant at the time of registration.
Medical Acupuncture for Veterinarians – Dual Track Clinical Intensive
Small Animal & Exotics AND Equine & Farm Animals
Medical Acupuncture for Veterinarians April 2018 – Single Track
Small Animal & Exotics OR Equine & Farm Animals
Does it qualify for CE credits?
RACE approval pending
How much does it cost?
$195 ea 1 Technician
$150 ea 2-5 Technicians (all from same clinic address)
$105 ea 6-10 Technicians (all from same clinic address)
When does the course start?
Registration is open and ongoing